MALC concludes 66th Leprosy Week Celebrations with Annual Staff Day
On Saturday, February 9, 2019, MALC concluded 66th Leprosy Week Celebrations by organizing the Annual Staff Day at Hawksbay Beach, Karachi. The winter chills didn’t stop over 150 employees from joining in recreational activities. A fun-filled day, when employees gathered under one roof to spend some quality time with each other, de-stressing themselves from their daily work routines with the calm sea view.
The Human Resource Department takes the opportunity on Staff Day to honour employees, centres and retired staff for their exemplary services to the Organization and also introduces new hires. This year, shields were presented to the following employees for their Commitment to Excellence.
- Mr. Abdul Basit, Driver
- Mr. Jawaid Masih, General Helper
- Mr. Joaquim Fernandes, Assistant Mechanix
- Mr. Muhammad Akhtar, Incharge/ Leprosy Technician
- Mr. Saleh Muhammad, Security Guard
- Syed Tanveer Imam, Security Guard,
- Mr. Shiam Baboo, Driver
- Mr. Fayyaz Masih, Driver
- Ms. Agnes Majeed, Aid Nurse
Shields were also presented to the following employees for being the Most Presentable during the year.
- Mr. Tahir Iqbal, Supply Chain Assistant
- Ms. Sharell Kathy, Accountant
- Mr. Asher Yousuf, Aid Nurse
- Ms. Maryam Khan, Physiotherapy Technician
- Mr. Anil Manju, General Helper
- Ms. Saleema Bibi, General Helper
- Mr. Sajid Ali, Microscopist
- Ms. Kulsoom Sarwar, Leprosy/ Physiotherapy Technician
The feeling of contentment was witnessed as team members from three centres came forward to receive the Best Performance award; Afghan Camp Centre, Landhi Korangi Centre and Orangi Centre.
Mr. Abdus Salam, Field Officer, was the Chief Guest for the occasion. Mr. Mervyn Lobo, CEO, and Mr. Savio Martin Pereira, Director HR & Administration also spoke on the occasion. The event was hosted by Mr. Muhammad Ibrahim, Assistant Manager – Transport & Security, and Ms. Sonya Chaudary, Health Educationist.